This formula is safe and effective at supporting joint health, joint comfort, and a normal range of motion. In addition, this formula supports a normal allergy response and healthy hair, skin, and nails. This formula is highly concentrated, extremely well absorbed and utilized, and extremely pure.‡
MSM provides biologically active sulfur which is one of the most critical nutrients for our bodies to remain youthful and energetic.
Muscle Health: MSM may help support muscles during workouts and help fight oxidative stress due to exercise. MSM has been shown to significantly reduced exercise induced muscle damage .
Immune Health: MSM may play a role in supporting the immune response especially in the respiratory tract, well as protecting against immune depletion that comes from strenuous exercise.
Glutathione: MSM bolsters glutathione levels which are directly related to immune health.
Joints: MSM has the ability to support healthy joint function. MSM may help improving joint flexibility.
Skin Health: MSM helps to produce flexible and healthy skin.
MSM is not a drug but an organic form of sulfur and a potent antioxidant made up of: 34% oxygen, 6% hydrogen, 34% sulfur, 26% carbon.
Why Use Our Opti MSM:
The number one trait to look for when choosing a MSM supplement is purity. Our MSM is manufactured and packaged in the USA and is purified using a proprietary multi-stage distillation process. Every batch is sent to a third party for testing.
Our MSM is made in a dedicated facility minimizing the risk of the product being contaminated by chemicals, such as benzene, toluene, or pesticides that may be left over from other products that share the same facility.
It is the only MSM supported by double-blind clinical research. Every batch of MSM is distilled FOUR TIMES for purity and undergoes the most rigorous analytical testing available, guaranteeing unsurpassed quality.
Manufactured in a US FDA inspected facility. GMP Compliant. Purity and Potency Guaranteed! We use the highest quality raw materials available. Testing is done at various stages of production. All IOH Nutrition Formulas Meet or Exceed cGMP Quality Standards.
‡ These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
120 Vegetarian Capsules
Dosage: Take 1 capsule 1-8 times per day as directed by your health practitioner.
1. Xu, G., Zhou, T., Gu, Y., Wang, Q., Shariff, M., Gu, P., … Rao, J. (2015). Evaluation of the Effect of Mega MSM on Improving Joint Function in Populations Experiencing Joint Degeneration. International journal of biomedical science : IJBS, 11(2), 54–60.
2. Butawan, M., Benjamin, R. L., & Bloomer, R. J. (2017). Methylsulfonylmethane: Applications and Safety of a Novel Dietary Supplement. Nutrients, 9(3), 290. doi:10.3390/nu9030290
3. Joung, Y. H., Darvin, P., Kang, D. Y., Sp, N., Byun, H. J., Lee, C. H., … Yang, Y. M. (2016). Methylsulfonylmethane Inhibits RANKL-Induced Osteoclastogenesis in BMMs by Suppressing NF-κB and STAT3 Activities. PloS one, 11 (7), e0159891. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0159891
4. Ahn, H., Kim, J., Lee, M. J., Kim, Y. J., Cho, Y. W., & Lee, G. S. (2015). Methylsulfonylmethane inhibits NLRP3 inflammasome activation. Cytokine, 71(2), 223-231.
5. Joung, Y. H., Na, Y. M., Yoo, Y. B., Darvin, P., Sp, N., Kang, D. Y., ...& Park, K. D. (2014). Combination of AG490, a Jak2 inhibitor, and methylsulfonylmethane synergistically suppresses bladder tumor growth via the Jak2/ STAT3 pathway. International journal of oncology, 44(3), 883-895.
6. Grimble, R. F. (2006). The effects of sulfur amino acid intake on immune function in humans. The Journal of nutrition, 136(6), 1660S-1665S.
7. Parcell, S. (2002). Sulfur in human nutrition and applications in medicine. Alternative Medicine Review, 7(1), 22 -44.
8. Jafari, N., Bohlooli, S., Mohammadi, S., &Mazani, M. (2012). Cytotoxicity of methylsulfonylmethane on gastrointestinal (AGS, HepG2, and KEYSE-30) cancer cell lines. Journal of gastrointestinal cancer, 43(3), 420- 425.
9. Touchberry C.D., Von Schulze A., Amat-Fernandez C., Lee H., Chow Y., Wetmore L.A. Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) treatment enhances C2C12 wound closure and protects cells from oxidative stress. FASEB J. 2016;30:1245.20
10. Jacob S.W., Appleton J. Msm-the Definitive Guide: A Comprehensive Review of the Science and Therapeutics of Methylsulfonylmethane. Freedom Press; Topanga, CA, USA: 2003.
11. Hasegawa T., Ueno S., Kumamoto S., Yoshikai Y. Suppressive effect of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) on type ii collagen-induced arthritis in dba/1j mice. Jpn. Pharmacol. Ther. 2004;32:421–428.
12. Debbi E.M., Agar G., Fichman G., Ziv Y.B., Kardosh R., Halperin N., Elbaz A., Beer Y., Debi R. Efficacy of methylsulfonylmethane supplementation on osteoarthritis of the knee: A randomized controlled study. BMC Complement. Altern. Med. 2011;11:50. doi: 10.1186/1472-6882-11-50
13. Barmaki S., Bohlooli S., Khoshkhahesh F., Nakhostin-Roohi B. Effect of methylsulfonylmethane supplementation on exercise—Induced muscle damage and total antioxidant capacity. J. Sports Med. Phys. Fit. 2012;52:170.
14. Ezaki, J., Hashimoto, M., Hosokawa, Y., &Ishimi, Y. (2013). Assessment of safety and efficacy of methylsulfonylmethane on bone and knee joints in osteoarthritis animal model. Journal of bone and mineral metabolism, 31(1), 16-25.
15. Kim S.-H., Smith A.J., Tan J., Shytle R.D., Giunta B. Msm ameliorates HIV-1 tat induced neuronal oxidative stress via rebalance of the glutathione cycle. Am. J. Transl. Res. 2015;7:328.
16. Barrager, E., Veltmann Jr, J. R., Schauss, A. G., & Schiller, R. N. (2002). A multicentered, open-label trial on the safety and efficacy of methylsulfonylmethane in the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis. The Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine, 8(2), 167-173.
17. Lim, E. J., Hong, D. Y., Park, J. H., Joung, Y. H., Darvin, P., Kim, S. Y., ... & Cho, B. W. (2012). Methylsulfonylmethane suppresses breast cancer growth by down-regulating STAT3 and STAT5b pathways. PloS one, 7(4).