This formula supports avoiding stress-related eating in addition to supporting a balanced mood due to its calming effects. Evidence shows that it helps support healthy levels of body fat, especially abdominal fat. It has been shown to support healthy cortisol levels and may be helpful in supporting healthy sleep patterns. ‡
- Decreased perception of stress & anxiety.
- Improved weight loss in subjects with stress-related eating.
- Enhanced sleep especially in those who wake at 2am.
- More balanced cortisol. Elevated cortisol can cause:
- Body weight gain.
- Sleep disturbances.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Note: A US Patent (No. 6,582,735) has been granted for the use of an extract of Magnolia officinalis bark for stress related conditions involving elevated cortisol.
Manufactured in a US FDA inspected facility. GMP Compliant. Purity and Potency Guaranteed! We use the highest quality raw materials available. Testing is done at various stages of production. All IOH Nutrition Formulas Meet or Exceed cGMP Quality Standards.
60 Vegetarian Capsules
Cortisol Balance Dosage: Take 1 with each meal for modulating cortisol for weight loss. Take 1-2 at bedtime for those that wake at 1-3 am. Some find taking one capsule when they wake also helps them to sleep better.
1. Epel E, Lapidus R, McEwen B, Brownell K: Stress may add bite to appetite in women: a laboratory study of stress-induced cortisol and eating behavior. Psychoneuroendocrinology 2001, 26:37-49.
2. Dallman MF, la Fleur SE, Pecoraro NC, Gomez F, Houshyar H, Akana SF: Minireview: glucocorticoids – food intake, abdominal obesity, and wealthy nations in 2004. Endocrinology 2004, 145:2633-2638.
3. Epel ES, McEwen B, Seeman T, Matthews K, Castellazzo G, Brownell KD, Bell J, Ickovics JR: Stress and body shape: stress-induced cortisol secretion is consistently greater among women with central fat. Psychosom Med 2000, 62:623-632.
4. Szelenberger W, Soldatos C: Sleep disorders in psychiatric practice. World Psychiatry 2005, 4:186-90.
5. Taheri S, Lin L, Austin D, Young T, Mignot E: Short sleep duration is associated with reduced leptin, elevated ghrelin, and increased body mass index. PloS Med 2004, 1:e62.
6. Maruyama Y, Kuribara H, Morita M, Yuzurihara M, Weintraub ST: Identification of magnolol and honokiol as anxiolytic agents in extracts of saiboku-to, an oriental herbal medicine. J Nat Prod 1998, 61:135-8.
7. Kuribara H, Stavinoha WB, Maruyama Y: Behavioural pharmacological characteristics of honokiol, an anxiolytic agent present in extracts of Magnolia bark, evaluated by an elevated plus-maze test in mice. J Pharm Pharmacol 1998, 50:819-26.
8. Kuribara H, Stavinoha WB, Maruyama Y: Honokiol, a putative anxiolytic agent extracted from magnolia bark, has no diazepam-like side-effects in mice. J Pharm Pharmacol 1999, 51:97-103.
9. Sufka KJ, Roach JT, Chambliss WG Jr, Broom SL, Feltenstein MW, Wyandt CM, Zeng L: Anxiolytic properties of botanical extracts in the chick social separation-stress procedure. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 2001, 153(2):219-24.
10. Peng WH, Wu CR, Chen CS, Chen CF, Leu ZC, Hsieh MT: Anxiolytic effect of berberine on exploratory activity of the mouse in two experimental anxiety models: interaction with drugs acting at 5-HT receptors. Life Sci 2004, 75(20):2451-62.
11. Peng WH, Lo KL, Lee YH, Hung TH, Lin YC: Berberine produces antidepressant-like effects in the forced ewim test and in the tail suspension test in mice. Life Sci 2007, 81(11):933-8.
12. Garrison R, Chambliss WG: Effect of a proprietary Magnolia and Phellodendron extract on weight management: a pilot, double- blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Altern Ther Health Med 2006, 12:50-4.
13. Spielberger CD: Manual for the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory (STAI) Palo Alto, CA: Consulting Psychologists Press; 1983. Ingredients: Magnolia (Magnolia officinalis) and Phellodendron (Phellodendron amurense) are medicinal plants commonly used for reducing stress and balancing cortisol. They are intended to induce relaxation and reduce stress as well as stress-related eating. L Theanine has also shown great benefit in enhancing mood and relaxation.