An innovative nutritional powdered product. It contains ingredients that support hormonal balance, healthy glucose metabolism, the body’s natural synthesis of catecholamines, and the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA. This formula aims to promote a calm and relaxed emotional and physiological state.‡
- Supports Neurotransmitter Balance
- Supports a Relaxed & Healthy Mood.
- Supports Focused Concentration.
- Supports Normal Blood Pressure Levels.
- Relax & Focus is an innovative powdered drink mix that promotes a calm, relaxed, well-balanced emotional and physiological state.*
Inositol: Present as the distinct isomer myo-inositol, inositol is a six - carbon cyclic polyalcohol occurring naturally in all living cells. The following contains some inositol, beans, grains, bean, fruits and nuts. Also, pieces of studies have shown that a 1800-2500–calorie daily diet provide only 225-1500 mg of myo-inositol, against the about 100% of ingested myo- inositol absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, where half becomes lipid bound. In contrast to low plasma concentration, the peripheral nerves have an extraordinarily high concentration of myo-inositol. Inositol is a precursor for the second-messenger phosphatidyl-inositol system, which influence mood status differently than precursors for neurotransmitters. Based upon validated scoring procedures, double-blind, controlled, random-order crossover clinical trials using up to 18 g of myo-inositol per day for a month have demonstrated effectiveness with minimal to no side effects.
Taurine (2-aminoethanesulfonic acid): Taurine is found mainly in the intracellular space of tissues in free form . This conditionally vital amino acid maintains and coordinate cell volume via osmoregulation, a process that regulate and balance excessive or insufficient concentrations of electrolytes. In addition to its antioxidant balancing functions, taurine is important to neurotransmission, cardiac function and neuroregulation.] Taurine supplementation also increases GABA. Considered neuroprotective, taurine modulates the ability of mitochondria to buffer intracellular calcium when neurons are over stimulated and damaged. Thus, preventing cell death.
L-Theanine (N-ethyl-L-glutamine): L-Theanine is a naturally- occurring, biologically active, free-form amino acid, L-theanine known for its relaxation support, L-theanine may also support nerve health and cognition lowering glutamate levels by preventing transport of glutamate’s precursor, glutamine. It may also inhibit neurotransmission, cause inhibitory neurotransmission via glycine receptors, and thereby reduce neuronal overstimulation. L-theanine’s ability to relax the mind without inducing drowsiness has been documented by an increase in alpha wave activity during EEG recording.
Magnesium Popularly referred to as the relaxation mineral, magnesium assists in the transmission of nerve impulses and is essential to over 280 enzymatic reactions in the body. Magnesium supplementation supports a healthy mood, including during the menstrual cycle when mood changes is experienced.. In this formula we use a special ultra high absorption magnesium that have 5 times the bio availability compared to magnesium oxide.
GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid): This neurotransmitter is an amino acid manufactured in brain cells from glutamate. Abundant in the cerebral cortex, increases the production of alpha waves directly related to a relaxed and focused stat while decreasing beta waves which is directly related to nervousness, and hyperactivity. Accurate and sufficient GABA results in the smooth, calming, regular rhythmic flow of electrical impulses in the brain is needed for emotional well-being.
‡ These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Manufactured in a US FDA inspected facility. GMP Compliant. Purity and Potency Guaranteed! We use the highest quality raw materials available. Testing is done at various stages of production. All IOH Nutrition Formulas Meet or Exceed cGMP Quality Standards.
CALM & FOCUS POWDER Dosage: Dissolve1 rounded scoop in a liquid of your choice 1-6 times a day.
1. Clements,RS,Darnell B. Myo-inositol content of common foods:development of a highmyo-inositoldiet.AmJClinNut.1980 Sep;33 (9):1954-67.http://www. ajcn.org/content/33/9/1954.AccessedOctober 24,2011.
2. LevineJ,BarakY,GonzalvesM.Double-blind,controlledtrialofinositol treatment of depression.Am J Psychiatry.1995 May;152 (5):792-4.[PMID: 7726322]
3. PalatnikA,FrolovK,Fux M, et al.Double-blind, controlled, crossover trial ofinositolversusfluvoxamineforthetreatmentofpanic disorder.JClin Psychopharmacol.2001Jun;21(3):335-9.[PMID:11386498]
4. Fux M, Levine J,AvivA, et al.Inositoltreatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Am J Psychiatry. 1996 Sep;153(9):1219-21.[PMID: 8780431]
5. AbdouAM,HigashiguchiS,HorieK,etal.Relaxationandimmunity enhancement effects of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) administration in humans.Biofactors.2006;26(3):201-8.[PMID:16971751].
6. FujitaT,AndoK,NodaH, et al.Effects of increased adrenomedullary activity and taurine in young patient with borderline hypertension. Circulation. 1987 Mar;75(3):525-32. [PMID:3815764]
7. L’AmoreauxWJ,MarsilloA,ElIdrissiA, et al.Pharmacological characterization ofGABAreceptorsintaurine-fedmice.JBiomedSci.2010 Aug24;17Suppl 1:S14. [PMID:20804588]
8. Kakuda T,Hinoi E,AbeA, et al.Theanine, an ingredient of green tea, inhibits [3H] glutaminetransportinneuronsandastrogliainratbrain. JNeurosciRes.2008 Jun;86(8):1846-56. [PMID:18293419]
9. YamadaT,TershimaT,OkuboT,et al.Effects oftheanine, r-glutamylethylamide, on neurotransmitter release and its relationship with glutamic acid neurotransmission.Nutr Neurosci. 2005 Aug;(8)4:219-26.[PMID: 16493792]
10. NobreAC,RaoA,Owen GN. L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effectonmental state.AsiaPac JClinNutr.2008;17Suppl 1:167-8.[PMID: 18296328]
11. Facchinetti F,Borella P,SancesG, et al.Oral magnesium successfully relieves premenstrual moodchanges.ObstetGynecol.1991Aug;78 (2):177-81.[PMID: 2067759]
12. D’Anna R,DiBenedettoV,Rizzo P,et al.Myo-inositol mayprevent gestational diabetes inPCOSwomen.GynecolEndocrinol.2012Jun;28 (6):440-2.[PMID: 22122627]
13. UnferV,CarlomagnoG,DanteG,etal.Effectsofmyo-inositolinwomenwith PCOS: a systematic reviewof randomizedcontrolledtrials. GynecolEndocrinol. 2012 Feb 1.[Epub ahead of print] [PMID: 22296306]
I ordered the calm and focus powder on November 16th, and I reached out to support, and I still haven’t heard back. Very disappointed as I was trying to support a small business, I usually buy a similar product through another company.