Iron Bisglycinate Double Strength. While most iron supplements have a low absorption rate and cause constipation, this iron has a very high absorption rate and does not constipate most people except at very high dosages. Because this iron is fully chelated, it is much safer and less toxic compared to other iron supplements. In addition, we added complimentary nutrients to this formula so that it works in a more balanced way than most single-ingredient iron formulas on the market. ‡
Who May Need This Formula:
- People with iron deficiency anemia.
- Patients with low ferritin levels.
- Women who get frequent and or heavy menses.
- People suffering from gastric-intestinal tract bleeding.
- Vegetarians who may not get enough iron in their diet.
- People with Crohn’s Disease & Ulcerative Colitis.
According to the WHO, more than 1.3 billion people (mostly women) around the world have (mostly undiagnosed) iron deficiency. A lack of iron can lead to fatigue and a host of non-specific symptoms. Iron Bisglycinate contains a highly absorbable iron that generally doesn’t cause constipation. The form of iron used is fully chelated and is much less toxic when compared to other iron types. In fact it has achieved GRAS (generally recognized as safe) status from the FDA.
Iron: Unlike most other iron supplements, our Iron Bisglycinate formula is made using Albion Labs fully chelated iron bisglycinate. This form of iron is highly absorbable and doesn’t interfere with the absorption of other minerals. It is also much safer than other iron formulas. Albion Labs. This company has carried out many studies that have proved the superior quality and safety of this special form of iron. One such study showed that the gut mucosa has a mechanism of regulating the amount of iron absorbed from the amino acid chelate. This is determined by the level of hemoglobin in the blood. This further ensures that it is a safer option than other iron supplements.
Vitamin B12: Necessary for the blood forming mechanism of the body.
Calcium Folinate / Folinic Acid: Necessary for the blood forming mechanism of the body.
Dosage: Take 1 capsule per day. If blood ferritin levels still do not increase, increase dosage to 2 or 3 times a day.
Manufactured in a US FDA inspected facility. GMP Compliant. Purity and Potency Guaranteed! We use the highest quality raw materials available. Testing is done at various stages of production. All IOH Nutrition Formulas Meet or Exceed cGMP Quality Standards.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
100 Vegetarian Capsules
1. Ashmead, H.D. & Jeppsen (1993) Enhanced tissue metabolism of minerals chelated to amino acids. In: Bioavailability 93, Nutritional, Chemical and Food Processing Implications
2. of Nutrient Availability. (Schlemmer U., ed) part 2 pp.63-67 Bundesforschungsanstalt fur Ernahrung, Ettlingen, Germany.
3. eMedicine dot com ‘pernicious anemia’
4. Bunn HF. Approach to the anemias. In: Goldman L, Schafer AI, eds. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Saunders; 2016:chap 158.
5. Antony AC. Megaloblastic anemias. In: Hoffman R, Benz EJ Jr, Silberstein LE, et al, eds. Hematology: Basic Principles and Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Saunders; 2013:chap 37.