This unique formula combines three herbal ingredients to support healthy triglyceride, cholesterol, and blood sugar levels.‡
- Supports Healthy Cardiovascular System.
- Supports Healthy Blood Sugar Levels.
- Supports Healthy Triglyceride Levels.
- Supports Healthy HDL Levels.
- Supports Healthy Cholesterol and may reduce urinary mevalonate.
- Supports healthy liver function by reduction of TNF-α and CRP.
- Derived from the fruit juice of Citrus Bergamia Rissoet Poit
- Grown in the Calabria region of Italy
- Standardized to contain 11-19% bergamot flavanones
This Herbal Phytosome gives 7 times better absorption versus the herbal extract alone.
Mode of Action.
1. Inhibiting HMG‐CoA Reductase: is an enzyme linked to the liver’s cholesterol production. Melitidine and Brutieridine inhibit the liver’s ability to produce LDL, resulting in reduced cholesterol levels in liver cells.
2. Inhibiting Phosphodiesterases PDEs. Flavonoids in this formula mediate their beneficial effects on lipid and glucose homeostasis by PDE4 and PDE3B modulation. PDE4 plays a critical role in cAMP which regulates energy metabolism and glucose metabolism. PDE3B is crucial for cholesterol metabolism.
3. Activating AMPK can help prevent abdominal fat accumulation, help regulate glucose tolerance, help normalize liver markers, and reduce oxidative stress and inflammation in the liver and heart.
‡ These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Manufactured in a US FDA inspected facility. GMP Compliant. Purity and Potency Guaranteed! We use the highest quality raw materials available. Testing is done at various stages of production. IOH Nutrition Formulas Meet or Exceed cGMP Quality Standards.
GlucoLipid Dosage: Take 1-2 capsules 1-2 times a day with food.
60 Vegetarian Capsules
1) Bergamot-derived Polyphenol Fraction in Cardiometabolic Risk Prevention and its Possible Mechanisms of Action. Cardiac Health and Polyphenols. Chp 84, Pg 1085-1103, 2014
2) Micaela Gliozzi, Ross Walker, Elzbjeta Janda, Vincenzo Mollace. Bergamot polyphenolic fraction enhances rosuvastatininduced effect on LDLcholesterol, LOX-1 expression and Protein Kinase B phosphorylation in patients with hyperlipidemia. International Journal of Cardiology Dec 2013, 170(2):140-5
3) Vincenzo Mollace, Iolanda Sacco, Elzbieta Janda, Claudio Malara, Domenica Ventrice, Carmen Colica, Valeria Visalli, Saverio Muscoli. Hypolipemic and hypoglycaemic activity of bergamot polyphenols: From animal models to human studies. Fitoterapia 82 (2011) 309–316
4) Celia C, Trapasso E, Locatelli M, Navarra M, Ventura CA, Wolfram J, Carafa M, Morittu VM, Britti D, Di Marzio L.. Anticancer activity of liposomal bergamot essential oil (BEO) on human neuroblastoma cells. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013 Dec 1;112:548-53
5) Delle Monache S, Sanità P, Trapasso E, Ursino MR, Dugo P, Russo M, Ferlazzo N, Calapai G, Angelucci A, Navarra M. Mechanisms underlying the anti-tumoral effects of Citrus Bergamia juice. PLoS One. 2013 Apr 16;8(4)
6) Kang P, Suh SH, Min SS, Seol GH. The essential oil of Citrus bergamia Risso induces vasorelaxation of the mouse aorta by activating K(+) channels and inhibiting Ca (2+) influx. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2013 May;65(5):745-9
7) Leopoldini M, Malaj N, Toscano M, Sindona G, Russo N. On the inhibitor effects of bergamot juice flavonoids binding to the 3- hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase (HMGR) enzyme. J Agric Food Chem. 2010 Oct 13;58(19):10768-73
8) Di Donna L, De Luca G, Mazzotti F, Napoli A, Salerno R, Taverna D, Sindona G. Statin-like principles of bergamot fruit (Citrus bergamia): isolation of 3- hydroxymethylglutaryl flavonoid glycosides. J Nat Prod. 2009 Jul;72(7):1352-4
9) Mollace V, Ragusa S, Sacco I, Muscoli C, Sculco F, Visalli V, Palma E. The protective effect of bergamot oil extract on lecitine-like oxyLDL receptor-1 expression in balloon injuryrelated neointima formation. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2008 Jun;13(2):120-9
10) Natalizia Miceli, Maria Mondello, Maria Mondorte, Vasileios Sdrafkakis, Paola Dugo, Maria Crupi. Hypolipidemic effects of bergamot juice in rats Fed a Hypercholesterolemic Diet. J. Agric. Food Chem., Vol. 55, No. 26, 2007.
Excellent product when combined with a healthy eating program recommended with DrAndreas. Both helped me to gain control of my blood glucose levels. I simply feel better and no longer have the afternoon fatigue I used to have.